Op-Ed page/Guest columns
This page gives you an overview of all the guest columns and some other texts (like for instance essays or interviews) in English (plus a few selected ones in other languages) published on this website and gives you access to them from one central point.
Gian Piero de Bellis
David M. Brown
Richard C.B. Johnsson
Thomas L. Knapp
Jonathan David Morris
Hugo J. van Reijen
Richard Rieben †
Michael S. Rozeff
L. Neil Smith
Steven M. Warshawsky
This page is permanently in construction. The contributions are always in chronological order of inclusion, the most recent one on top. Some columns are syndicated ones, some are not.
Except for the few translations mentioned and a limited number of originals in other languages, this Op-Ed page only lists texts in English, as it is a feature of the English menu on the home page of this multilingual site. Similar, separate French and German (and maybe other) overviews are envisaged or even planned.
Would you like to be informed about additions to this page as well as about new content elsewhere on my sites? Click and answer your feed reader's question wether you want to subscribe to my news feed with yes. If you do not have a feed reader yet, get a simple, "standards conforming" (there are none!) and good one for free here: SharpReader. I myself have moved to Awasu though for the time being. I had also tried Omea, but as dealing with RSS feeds is only one of the eight main things it does, it seemed overkill to me. It also cannot handle email without Microsoft Office Outlook, which I have, but do not want to use...
RSS stands for Real Simple Syndication or Rich Site Summary or RDF Site Summary etc. (depending on the version or the expert) and is shown on sites more often with the icon . It's a nifty thing, try it, even if some of the best feed readers require that you download and install (it's practically automatic) Microsoft's .NET framework, should you not have it already. It's an unusually safe thing by Microsoft standards...
I may have comments in the feed that are not on my site!
You can also get my feed via a number of RSS Aggregator Sites you may subscribe to. And latest browser versions anyway include functions for all this, very nifty in Firefox for instance.
"RSS is Santa Claus content, delivered to you by the postal carrier, via your own personal remote control ordering system." (Bill Flitter of Pheedo)
My RSS Archives are here:
(English) (for the Butterbach.NET site)
(German) (for the Butterbach.DE site)
Gian Piero de Bellis
David M. Brown
Richard C.B. Johnsson
Thomas L. Knapp
Wendy McElroy's syndicated column on this Op-Ed page has been discontinued as per February 16, 2006. The last issue is the one just below dated February 14, 2006. You will not be able in the future to find the column on her own site www.ifeminists.com (a project of The INDEPENDENT INSTITUTE) or on the one of other syndicators like LRC or TLE, only on Mr. Rupert Murdoch's FOXNews.com. Links to the upcoming issues of the column will not be placed as a rule, but as an exception, and then elsewhere on this group of sites, not here as before, as it is the policy of this site that links on this page and elsewhere, as a rule, lead you to texts that actually sit on my website and server, thus not giving the wrong impression that the site's own offer is larger than it is, as is customary with other renowned sites, even if they are not just overviews of what is published elsewhere.
Jonathan David Morris
You will though continue to have on this page as a resource a more complete archive of the columns of Wendy than you will find on FOXNews or on her own site, where they are not grouped separately. Please note that occasionally the same column has a different title, depending on where it was published.
- Sexual Harassment Policies Need Reform Last FOX/ifeminist syndicated column by Wendy McElroy on this Op-Ed page and site!
- A Different Look at Betty Friedan's Legacy
- Questions to Ask Scientific Authority
- Kidnapping Plot Robs Father's Rights Group of Credibility
- Does New Cyberstalking Law Criminalize Free Expression? It unfortunately does!
- Mail Order Bride Law Brands U.S. Men Abusers
- Abolish Anti-Discrimination Laws On the barricades for this!
- Abuse of Temporary Restraining Orders Endangers Real Victims
- Campus Conscience Police?
- Don't Jail Domestic Violence Victims
- PBS Continues Probe into Biased Film
- Will Universal Preschool Give All Kids a Head Start? Be warned! The tax-paid real child molesters are already on their marks, lurking behind all kind of bushes...
- PBS Film Controversy Continues
- Girls, Get Your Guns
- PBS Film Ignites Fathers' Rights Debate
- Preserving Culture, or Curtailing Freedom?
- Miracle Cure, or Murky Research? Flip a coin!
- Cultural Competence: Coming To a School Near You?
- Victims Versus Victimhood
- A White Oppressor? Who, Me?
- The Culture War's Battle of Lexington
- Faith Based Initiative Stirs Debate
- Will Science Trump Politics in Resolving Abortion Debate? Fascinating!
- Paternity Case Marks Progress for Defrauded Fathers
- Gender Bias in Domestic Violence Treatment
- Will Colleges Respect Your Child's Rights?
- Liberal McCarthyism on Abortion
- Parental Rights vs. Public Schools
- Is The Boy Scouts of America Public or Private?
- On Campus, Only Some Free Speech Protected
- Bad Research Leads to Bad Law
- Domestic Violence Victims Need Self-Defense Brilliant!!!
- Congress Should Kill Discriminatory Domestic Violence Act
- Parents Must Assert Rights Over School Authorities
- Missing: Males on College Campuses
- Privacy: Throwing Babies Out with Bath Water
- Fathers' Rights Victory In Massachusetts
- Case Could Freeze Sperm Donation
- Father's Rights Movement to Get English Invasion
- Runaway Bride Lost in Junk Journalism 100th column on this site!
- Super-Sized Statistics
- Transparency Crucial for Accountability
- False Rape Claim Hurts Real Victims
- Disability Must Be Defined Before Debated
- On Campus, Free Speech at Odds With Tax Funding
Castration and Freedom of Speech [ORIGINAL TITLE]
- Mother Sues Cops For Failing to Protect Kids
- Military Dads Denied Father's Rights
- Muslim Woman's Courage Sets Example
- Cosby Case Shows Media's Muckraking Mania
- U.N. Wrong Forum for Women's Rights
- Why Men Earn More
- Spousal Rape Case Sparks Old Debate
- On Handcuffed and Felonious Children
- Are SpongeBob's Pants Really Square?
- Removing Legal Incentives to Lie
- Complex Issue Requires Complex Solutions
- Domestic Violence Law Fuels Big Government
- What to Do About Daddy?
- Pregnancy Murder Needs Study, Not Sensationalism
- UNICEF's 'Rights' Focus Is All Wrong
- Agency Culpable in Child Support Scam
- NYC Must Come Clean on Foster Kids AIDS Scandal
- Infidelity Gene: Sensational, but Science?
- The Victims of 'Victimhood'
- In Defense of Beauty Pageants
- Domestic Violence: Behind the Stereotypes
- The Sad Evolution of Sexual Harassment
- In Kobe Case, Accuser Is Rightly Identified
- Deadbeat Dad Contest Bad for Kids
- Individual Rights vs. Identity Politics
- Across U.S., Non-Custodial Parents Sue
- Wage Gap Reflects Women's Priorities
- Mandatory Mental Health Screening Threatens Privacy, Parental Rights
- Grandparents Can't Trump Parental Rights
- China's Missing Women
- On Breastfeeding, Rights, and Good Manners
- Child Custody Laws Poised for Change
- Seeking Criminal Justice in Civil Court
- In Defense of 'Deadbeat' Dads
- AIDS Efforts Undermined by U.N. Politics
- No Panic Over School Child Abuse
- Paternity: Innocence Is Now a Defense
- Utah's Parent Czar
- Jackpot Justice, the Wal-Mart Case
- The Decline of Affirmative Action
- The Birth of Father's Day
- Sympathy for Accuseds or Accusers?
- How to Respond to an Unjust Law
- Death by Theory?
- A Feminist Version of 'Joe Millionaire'?
- Do Fraternities Deserve Their Bad Reputations?
- Gun-Proof Your Children
- Facts or Propaganda? Deconstructing Advocacy
- Rape Scandal Turns Sympathy Into Skepticism
- Parental Rights and the Pledge
- Lies of Faux Victims Cast Doubt on Real Ones
- Supreme Court Ruling May Impact Domestic Violence Cases
- Reading Between the Numbers
- Feminist Confession Reveals Cultural Shift
- When "Mother" is a Bureaucracy
- Do Gun Control Activists Pad Gun Death Statistics?
- The Separation of School and State
- Censorship Is Not Solution for Trashy TV
- Cooling Down the Abortion Debate
- Did a False Condition Lead to False Abuse Charges?
- A Not Very Funny Valentine
- A Man's (and Woman's) Home Is a Castle
- Children Victimized By System Secrecy
- Prosecutor Grandstanding Undermines Justice
- Criminals Owe Debt to Victims, Not Society
- Christmas in a War Zone
- The Conservative Cookie Rebellion
- Ask Before You Give
- Media Fails Public on Jackson Case
- Zero Patience for Zero Tolerance
- Fathers Protest Unjust Custody Laws
- Colleges Charge Big for Worthless Curricula
- Pro-Lifers Link Euthanasia to Abortion
- Kobe Case Puts Victims' Rights on Trial
- Killing the Good Samaritan
- Adults Should be in Charge
- Collective Western Guilt Burdens Today's Children
- Families Pay Price for Government Spending
- Do Poor Fathers Deserve Debtor's Prison?
- Confronting Prison Rape
- The Personal is Personal
- The Advent of Christian Feminism
- Going to Extremes
- Law Needs New Category of Sexual Assault
- The Marriage Strike
- The Marriage Quagmire
- University Students Deserve Human Rights
- False Rape Reports Hurt Real Victims
- Feminists Slurping at the Public Trough
- The PCspeak of Diversity
- In the Best Interest of the Children...
- Of Family Law and Foreign Policy
- A Conscientious Objector to the Gender War
- The Anti-Male New York Times
about the author
Keith PrestonHugo J. van Reijen
Richard Rieben †
Michael S. Rozeff
Bob SmithL. Neil Smith
Steven M. Warshawsky
- A Brand New Column By Jonathan David Morris! (or: A Cheap Ploy For JDM's Book) This is not an April Fool's joke played on us by JDM, but the first column after the last and an important matter (in the history of literature) and a PETITION!
- The Stories You Won't Be Seeing JDM goes on a sabbatical! Our tears and our hopes are with him!
- Straight from the Horse's Brain: An Exclusive Fake Interview with Karl Frickin' Rove
- Hate the Cheese, Love the Lawsuit
- Minnesota as a Metaphor
- The YouTube Debate
- A Bad Week For Sports?
- Note to Republicans: Impeach Bush
- Government: Good Work If You Can Get It?
- Belaboring the Immigration Point
- Speaking of Immigration...
- On Immigration: Take Our Freedoms, Please!
- These Candidates Have Issues
- Fixing the Presidential Debates
- Conventional Wisdom Strikes Back
- Giuliani Is Delusional
- Al Sharpton: The Worst Kind of Hypocrite
- Presidential Elections: America's Nasty Habit
- Nice Try, George Tenet
- Cho Seung-Whatever
- Don Imus Deserved To Be Fired (And Other Misconceptions)
- The Sanjaya Principle: Why Ron Paul Can Be Our Next President
- Iraq, Iran, and All That Jazz
- Living Green By Drinking
- Bringing Stuff On Airplanes
- The 2008 Presidential Blowout!
- Overreach, Shmoverreach: A Special Note From The White House
- Fox News: Fair, Balanced, and Completely Full of Crap
- The Best Five Years of Your Life Thank you from all my heart, Jonathan!
- Anna Nicole: Famous For Being Famous
- On Biden and Obama
- Rest In Peace, Barbaro
- American Idol Isn't Mean Enough
- Making Soccer Safe For America
- The Problem With Global Warming
- New Rules For Stating The Obvious
- 2006: The Year In Headlines
- Your Lawn Looked Stupid This Year
- When I Was Your Age, All The Kids Wanted Hoverboards
- In Defense of Desk Rage 150th instalment of syndication of JDM's column on this site (not counting his exclusives on this site)! Congratulations!
- Letters To Santa: D.C. Edition
- Embracing O.J.
- Conventional Wisdom Midterm Election Mailbag
- Dances With Comcast
- If It's Broke, Fix It: How Republicans Can Win
- On Campaign Ads
- The Anti-Saints Fan
- Where Art Thou, FCC? The predators are not where we are told they are...
- A Taxing Situation A true off scene in it! Needs insight and courage to tell...
- Who's Looking Out For Bill O'Reilly?
- When Banning Smoking, Please Speak English
- Nine-Eleven Five
- Industrial Hemp and Hurricane Katrina
- Tonight, We Dine On The Virgin Mary
- Why Desk Jobs Are (Mildly) Better Than School
- World Trade Center: See It Again, For The First Time
- Hypocrisy On Steroids
- Fun With Hitler
- Is George Bush An Idiot?
- World War III
- What Happens In Vegas... Happens In Vegas
- The Founding Fathers Order Cheesesteaks
- How To Not Be An Aggressive Driver
- The Baby Shiloh: Chosen By God To Stop Global Warming
- On Decency and the Death of Zarqawi
- What's The Deal With "Seinfeld"?
- Thank God for Barry Bonds
- On Barbaro: The Horse That You Hold Dear
- Love Me, Hate Me: George W. Bush and the Pursuit of Presidential History
- Conventional Wisdom vs the World
- An Open Letter to the FCC
- A War on Iran is a War on America
- The Hidden Threat America Faces That Not Even Securing Our Borders Can Solve
- The Truth! (As We See It): A Special Note From The White House
- If You Love Your Country, You Should Question 9/11
- How Our Shortsighted Media Got Us Into War
- The Failure of the Iraq War
- It's Time To Forget September 11th Open your mouth! It's a Big One!!!
- Brokeback Mountain an exclusive for my gay site
- By a Show of Hands, Who Cares About The First Amendment? @*&$!%
- More Hits from the Conventional Wisdom Mailbag COLVMNA MAXIMA TVRBANIFORMIS
- In the Age of Terror, a War on Torino
- Unlike You, I Have Nothing Smart To Say About Those Anti-Muslim Cartoons In That Danish Newspaper
- The First Annual State of the Union Wet T-Shirt Contest
- Right Brain + Left Brain = No Brain Fine final math for our better future!
- Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Gore
- The Sad, Impending Demise of Napoleon Dynamite
- Pat Robertson Sings The Blues
- Conventional Wisdom Answers Your Letters When a political satirist makes you ROTFL to smooth out your horror goose pimples, in vain I hope!
- 2005: The Year In Headlines Strong!
- Do Quakers Dream of Electric Sheep? And Other Questions About Domestic Spying
- All I Want For Christmas Is To End This Stupid War
- Tookie, Continued
- Save Tookie? His best column ever!!! Should be pasted to every billboard in the uSA!!!
- Sappy Thanksgiving
- In Defense of Terrell Owens
- A Somewhat Belated Review of the Movie "Election"
- America's First Female President
- Ten Things I Hate About Halloween
- Rocky VI: Don't Call It A Comeback This one made me cry.
- The Case of the Stolen Supreme Court Nomination
- The Honest Truth About Honest Abe
- A Marriage Made In Heaven (Heaven, In This Case, Being Fenway Park)
- In Search of Jonathan David Morris !!!
- Thoughts On Health
- Iraq, Katrina, and Industrial Hemp: A Discussion That Needs To Be Had Newest exclusive!
- Katrina: Worst Hyperbole Ever?
- 25 People Who Are Screwing Up America
- The Presidency and Other Dinosaurs
- Should The Stones Be Taken Seriously?
- The Things You Learn When You Get Married
- Why Bad Things Happen To White People
- 2000 Flushes
- Remade In America
- Rock Is Dead and Live 8 Killed It Warm weather melancholy...
- Relegation Nation: An Idea for Reforming the Courts
- How To Remember 9/11 (Without Really Trying)
- The Dick Durbin Affair New exclusive!
- Advice for the President
- Smoke For Jesus May be his best and most important yet!
- Welcome to New Jersey
- The Non-Aggression Principle
- What is the Dark Side? (part 2)
- Democrats See Star Wars (part 1)
- Real ID: A License to Kill Great!
- The Yankee September 11th not on this site ~ I didn't like it!
- The Big Red Machine
- TV Turnoff Week
- Our National Pastime?
- Google Intruders Neat! :-)
- I'm a Heartless Bastard = response to the response...
- On Terri Schiavo See response below by Steven M. Warshawsky!
- Congress Hates Mark McGwire
- Congress Loves Baseball
- Vermont Agrees to Disagree
- "The Passion" vs. "Fahrenheit 9/11"
- Set Thine House In Order
- Remember President's Day
- Duke, Where's My Car?
- The Psychology of Eagles Fans
- Libertarians: Defined
- Propagandist For Hire
- Going To California
- Pay Up, Sit Still, and Damage Your Bladder: Theater Economics
- 2004: The Year In Headlines
- The Story of "A Christmas Story"
- Pennsylvania: Come for the Sights, Stay for the… Milk?
- The Spies Inside My Computer, or: Why Can't This Be Love?
- Supernatural Selection
- Basketball: A Blame Game
- Christmas In November
- One State, Two State, Red State, Blue State
- The John Kerry Telethon
- I'm Throwing My Vote Away
- The Curse of the Curse of the Bambino
- Liberty in an Election Year: An Interview w/Michael Badnarik Online exclusive!
- Maybe, Maybe Not: Assorted Thoughts on the Coming Election
- (retracted, will NOT be replaced)
- No, Seriously, Watch “Wife Swap”
- On Presidents and Plant Life
- Democracy: It's for the Dogs
- Taxation With Representation
- What's in a Name? A Whole Lot of Money
- Zell Miller: Certifiably Insane
- No News Is Good News
- An Ode to Cuban Cigars
- Cruising in the Keystone State
- On Marriage and Bureaucrats
- Hang Up and Drive, or Don't
- The United States of Prohibition
- It Can Happen Here
- Edwards and Kerry: A Transcript
- The Libertarian Lessons of "Fahrenheit 9/11"
- The Mental State of Our Union
- The State of New Jersey: Unsafe at any Speed
- The Bolsheviks of Baseball
- Mourning In America
- Ladies Night of the Living Dead
- "Click It or Ticket" Sticks It To Drivers
- Persecution at the Shoe Store
- The Patriot Act is a Refuge for Scoundrels
- Abu Ghraib Ain't No Animal House
- This Just In: John Kerry Is Dull
- Grab Your Sweater: D.C.'s Feeling a Draft
- A Place Called Perfect
- The Day I Learned To Shoot
- Look, Boys! Now You Can Fight Like Real Men!
- The Governor is a Harsh Mistress
- 9/11: Blood On Bush's Hands?
- Creating Iraq In Our Image
- To Rock the Vote, Knock It, or Block It?
- The Politics of the Christ
- Just Say No (War): A Special Note from the White House
- The Road to Tyranny is Poorly Paved
- CBS and the FCC: Is America Big Enough for Both?